This privacy notice relates to Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council economic development services. It applies to information provided by post, email, telephone and online.
- The data controller
The data controller is:
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
Nuneaton CV11 5AA
We will store the data in our computer and manual record systems and restrict access according to relevant policies and procedures.
- Personal data
The personal data we hold includes: your name, address and contact details, business name, and any other information you provide to us.
We will use this data for the following purposes:
- To administer a mailing list and maintain contact with local businesses and businesses with an interest in investment in the NBBC area;
- To administer business events, bookings and attendance;
- To facilitate requests for information via the NBBCinvest website.
- Legal basis Data protection law describes the council’s legal basis for processing as in the council’s legitimate interests.
We do not need your consent to collect or process your personal information where we are using legitimate interests as the lawful basis to contact you. This is because we are informing you of information, events or activities that are related to your economic interests.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council may pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud or other crime, or if it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested. These organisations may include Coventry City Council, Warwickshire County Council and the Warwickshire pension scheme, Warwickshire Police, the Department of Work and Pensions, HMRC or any other organisation where we are required or permitted by law to share information.
We may pass your details to the Chamber of Commerce, Local Enterprise Partnership, Federation of Small Businesses, and other organisations with an interest in economic or business development in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Your records are held within secure emails, in a secure section of the council’s information management system, or on secure servers on the council’s network. Some records may be held in secure manual storage.
- Retention period
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will process your personal data for as long as you wish to be kept informed.
- Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you are unhappy about how we are handling your personal data you can complain to the Data Protection Officer. You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|The Data Protection Officer||Information Commissioner|
|Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council||Information Commissioner’s Office|
|Town Hall||Wycliffe House|
|Coton Road||Water Lane|
|Nuneaton CV11 5AA||Wilmslow SK9 5AF|
|United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
- More information
You can find more information about how we use personal information and your rights at www.nuneatonandbedworth.gov.uk/privacy.
This notice was last updated on 1 June 2018.